Friday, September 1, 2017

Elder Breinholt CUPANG 8-27-2017

Hello Everyone! 

What a good week we had out here in the Philippines. 

This Sunday we had Ward Conference and it was awesome! The ward put together a choir and there were a ton of them. Filipinos are really talented when it comes to singing! And they are not embarrassed to sing in front of anyone. It's super cool and they did a great job! The topic was on service and it was super motivating to us missionaries seympre because we are here dedicating our loves to the work of the Lord. It was a great Sunday and I felt the spirit a ton. It was even better to see Mark there too! Mark's baptism should be coming up soon! So were still teaching him about the commandments and still getting him ready! Its so cool that even though his family goes to a different church he goes to our church! What a good example to us! He just has a great desire to learn more. We all need to keep that spark of learning in us at all times! 

This week was a good week of teaching people the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. We were also able to do some service too. I read something that i really liked also in D&C 10 this week. It helped me deifnantly in my teaching this week. It says
 57 Behold, I am Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I came unto mine own, and mine own received me not.
58 I am the light which shineth in darkness, and the darkness comprehendeth it not.
59 I am he who said—Other sheep have I which are not of this fold—unto my disciples, and many there were thatunderstood me not.
60 And I will show unto this people that I had other sheep, and that they were a branch of the house of Jacob;
61 And I will bring to light their marvelous works, which they did in my name;
62 Yea, and I will also bring to light my gospel which was ministered unto them, and, behold, they shall not deny that which you have received, but they shall build it up, and shall bring to light the true points of my doctrine, yea, and the only doctrine which is in me.
63 And this I do that I may establish my gospel, that there may not be so much contention; yea, Satan doth stir up the hearts of the people to contention concerning the points of my doctrine; and in these things they do err, for they dowrest the scriptures and do not understand them.
This helped me alot this week with everything. So much goes on in this crazy world but we need to focus on whats most important and thats that Jesus Christ lives. He is directing his church through his prophets and apostles. And His love is not comprehensible for us. And we are so lucky to live in the fullness of times. Everything that was in Jesus Christ's church before has been restored through the prophets. Lets just hope these people read the Book of Mormon! Kaya nila!  

I love you all and have a good week everyone!  

JESUS LIVES!

next week pictures. sorry 
-- 
Elder Breinholt
Philippines Olongapo Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment