Sunday, March 19, 2017

2 Months Down For Elder Breinholt 3/13/17

I can't believe its been 2 months! Thats crazy haha! The Philippines is the best let me tell ya about it and what its been teaching Elder Breinholt

Living a Christ-Centered life is the best let me tell ya. M. Russell Ballard said this in his book Our Search for Happiness "The best thing about living a Christ-centered life, however, is how it makes you feel--inside. It's hard to have a negative attitude about things if and when your life is focused on the Prince of Peace. There will still be problems. But faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is a power to be reckoned with in the universe and in individual lives".  

So true. I'm so glad i get to be a missionary and experience that. Its amplified x100 when you're a missionary. Seeing 4 of our investigators come to church is a joy that i don't ever want to forget. Seeing the gospel enter their lives is truly a blessing. Yes there's still problems. Yes it is very hard to get use to the culture. Email me if you want some stories haha. I've got them. Yes its hard to get up every morning. Yes its hard to eat plates of rice. Yes its hard to learn the language. And, Yes its hard to study when i want to sleep.

None of that matters tho haha. Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is what matters. What matters is the person you want to become. What kind of missionary do I want to be? Who do I want to be for my future family? My future wife?  If i think of this whole thing as the bigger picture it goes by so so so much better. And it has been! Every morning when i don't want to get up. What if my kid needed me to help him fix his toy? boom i get up. you treat the people around you the same as you will treat your future family. I'm not too sure who told me that. but its true! I'm no where close to perfect, but I am trying. And its through this gospel and the Savior I can do that. "And if men come unto me I will show them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them"(Ether 12:27). Turn your weaknesses to him. Get on your knees and plead for his help. I know that he will give you his help. I've seen it in my life and I want it all for you.

Remember your Heavenly Father, "When ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God"(Mosiah 2:17). This experience has been one of a lifetime so far. I'm so glad to be in the Philippines. It's awesome here. I hope to be the missionary I aspire to be in the future. Take care ya'll this week! Much love from Bagac! 

I tried Balut for the first time this week! It's actually really good haha! It tastes like a hard boiled egg! Theres a video in my drive of me eating it! Go check it out! I was so nervous haha! Lots of good times out here in Bagac. Hope ya enjoy, Eat some JCW's for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment